09 August 2005
Found the 'housesitter' and the dog

Update.

I finally located the housesitter--she's NOT staying at my house. Excuse me, but isn't that the entire purpose of having a housesitter?!? The best part of it is that she couldn't give me a reason why she's not staying there, just that "I thought it'd be ok". I assured her it was not.

My dog is living at another co-worker's house temporarily (this one actually works for me, at least I know she's reliable) since the "sitter" "couldn't make it out there everyday".
GRRRRRRR. Hypothetically she's going to give the keys to a neighbor so they can allow the painters in.

At least I know the pets are ok, and the landlord seemed a bit placated when I explained that we weren't actually on holiday but here for major surgery. Still, our lease is up in November and not only do I love the house and not want to move, but after all this we just don't have the money to move.

I just want to know what's coming next?!?! I won't tempt fate by asking what else could go wrong, but damn....I think it's just about time for something to go right for a change!


posted by Julie at 9:33 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Was she at least scared when you talked to her?

Wed Aug 10, 12:30:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger lochan said...

That's just too much stress. You shouldn't have to be thinking about all of this. I hope no more surprises come your way.

Wed Aug 10, 02:36:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Vetmommy said...

How distressingly scary for you. Just the stress you need as you recover, eh? We, too, have had unbelievably bad experiences with our "housesitters." Mostly, with them not leaving drinking water for the animals, even though I leave a reminder note with big letters saying DON'T FORGET TO GIVE THEM FRESH WATER EVERY DAY, ITS IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM. Its not that difficult!!!

Argh!

Thu Aug 11, 03:27:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

glad you found your dog..

dont worry about your house..you will live there forever:)

Thu Aug 11, 04:21:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home