27 July 2005
I'm back online...

Well, we made it. The kids did great on the flight over--no pee accidents and occasional bouts of silence, at least. No one slept a wink, though, so we were all majorly exhausted by the time we got to my Mom's.

Unfortunately our luggage didn't do as well. UNITED (just making sure you see that) lost three of our bags. One turned up two days later, the other 2 didn't arrive for a week. A WEEK. Meanwhile, no one knew where they were. Nope, no record anywhere. Told us they were gone. So we went out and bought my dh loads of clothes since he had nothing at all. And the whole week we couldn't reach anyone at UNITED who could help. I will never, EVER, fly them again.

Anyway, we had a great visit with my mom and her dh, and also my grandma. It was hot hot hot, though. I thought the heat was great--I've missed it during my time in the UK. On the other hand, my British dh refused to admit it was hotter than England--that is until he got the early signs of heat stroke. Oops. Now he freely admits it's hotter here. :)

My Dad, Dee and Mark picked us all up at the airport in DC on Saturday, then took the little ones with them to PA on Sunday. We expected some problems with the youngest since he's never been away from both of us--but he only cried for 10 minutes when they first left, and now he doesn't want to talk to us. Talk about loyalty! :) I'm glad they're both happy.

Saw the doc yesterday, my surgery will go ahead on 2 Aug. I hope this guy gets it right!
BTW--never ever stay in the Days Inn in Silver Spring, Maryland. GHETTO! We actually blocked the door with our suitcases the two nights we were stuck there before getting into a better hotel. It was really really scary.

I'll post more later--need to go take advantage of the alone time with the dh!


posted by Julie at 12:09 AM 8 comments

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hey, good to see you're back!

So, you're not flying home on UNITED, then?

Take care! I lost your number already, can you call me and let me call you back? XOXOXOXOXOX

Wed Jul 27, 01:17:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger lochan said...

Glad everything went well (besides the losing of the luggage and the scary hotel). I hope the surgery is a total success!

Wed Jul 27, 01:47:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you still missing the suitcases (See, I'm too lazy to go reread the post!) Glad you are here safe and sound!

Wed Jul 27, 02:30:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

My hubbie briefly lived in Silver Springs and that seems to be his opinion of the whole town.

Good luck with the surgery. Are you ever going to tell us what the surgeries are for or why? with the number you've had done they seem to be vitally important.

Thu Jul 28, 04:32:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger skypilotjourneyman said...

Yeah United has lost a bag of mine EVERY time I've flown with them. Therefore, I do not fly with them any longer.

That is all.

Thu Jul 28, 04:23:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

Sorry about your troubles w/ United. We've never had any troubles w/them at all...of course it probably helps that my BIL has been working for them forever and there aren't many people in the world with our last name.
Should I see if BIL can pull some strings for your return flight? He can't get you bumped up to first class though, sorry.

I'm glad you've had a good visit so far and hope everything goes perfect w/ your surgery.

Fri Jul 29, 08:23:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

bout dang time..

man UNITED SUCKS!!....

hope your surgery goes well
;)

Fri Jul 29, 09:09:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Keeping you in my thoughts!

Mon Aug 01, 03:14:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home