11 July 2005
Revelations

Dear Mom,

I know it's been a really long time since I've come to visit, and I'm sorry for that. All of us will be descending on your house like a plague of (really cute) locusts this weekend, and you and I will probably not have much chance to talk alone. So, there are a few things I wanted to get off my chest before we arrive. I know I was not the easiest child to raise, and I was a bit of a hellion. I was always in trouble for something. But have you ever wondered what I did that you never found out about? No need to wonder anymore....

Remember when you went to Phil's mom's funeral? It took Tracey and I a grand total of five minutes to find the car keys. In the box on top of your dresser. I'd have warned you to try harder next time, but, umm, I really didn't want you to. :) Four of us ditched school and drove around all day the next day; down to Denver, visited some friends in Lakewood, went to the mall. None of us were old enough to have a driver's license, and only one had a clue how to drive. We put 350 miles on the car in one day. But all of us survived, including the car, and we even filled it up with gas. So I suppose all's well that ends well. :)

You know that weekend you had to work in Denver manning the phones for a charity telethon? We had a party at our house. A big one. With people with mohawks and beer and everything. I think someone had sex on our garage roof, but I'm not really sure. The poor Japanese exchange student staying with us was very, very confused. The neighbors enjoyed it though. Again, all's well that ends well.

A year or two later, a friend and I went to a Marine party in a hotel suite. Remember all those guys that helped us move? Their party. Except that someone there was apparently dealing drugs, and the party got raided. By big cops with big guns. It was not funny. Since we weren't even aware of the dealers, let alone using (the cops had been watching), they said they'd let us go if an adult came to get us. So, rather than calling you, I called Jen (who'd just turned 18) to come collect me from the cops. I figured it was safer that way. For obvious reasons, I never told you about that one either.

I'm sure there's more, but I don't want to give you a heart attack or anything. :) At least I turned out ok--a fine upstanding citizen and all that. Anyway, thanks for listening to my confession, and see you this weekend!

Love from your daughter,
Julie

XOXOXOXO



posted by Julie at 11:40 PM 9 comments

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, you always were a naughty, naughty girl. And I knew about all of it. You better be bringing me some flowers and chocolates this week-end.

Tue Jul 12, 12:25:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Too funny! Except my "mum" is American and is therefore "mom". And she doesn't like flowers. Good try!

Tue Jul 12, 12:33:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

ok...i am dieing over here...lol

Tue Jul 12, 01:05:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. your mom read this! That's hysterical.

Tue Jul 12, 02:55:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

You are a very brave woman.

Tue Jul 12, 06:13:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

That's pretty funny.

My mom actually caught me with my boyfriend so I don't think that there's too much that I could confess that would be of any shock to her. Although...

There were two times that someone who knew my mom ratted me out. The first time I was making out with my boyfriend(a different guy from above) at the playground. She didn't think that was a big deal, but suggested that I not do it in public.
The second time she said that someone told her that they had seen me and she wanted me to tell her where it was and what I was up to. DUH! I wasn't about to confess to everything that I had done that day to get into even more trouble than I was already in. Eventually, after me playing dumb for over an hour she said they had seen me outside the pub near our house. "Oh that." I told her what really happened and didn't even get into trouble. Had I been stupid enough to confess to everything that day...I'm not sure I'd still be here today. ;o)

Tue Jul 12, 06:39:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have lived in the Denver area now for 3 1/2 years, and I cannot imagine learning to drive in this godforsaken traffic. So I REALLY can't imagine a bunch of kids with no license tooling around in a stolen car in this godforsaken traffic! You have guts my dear.

Tue Jul 12, 07:05:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh yeah, I remember that party. That's the one where I pierced that guy's ear with a safety pin. I hope he still has two ears.

Tue Jul 12, 07:11:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a clever girl you were!!?? Here's hoping that since you've cleared your conscience and relieved yourself of your serious feelings of guilt (yeah, right), you can enjoy our visit next week so much more than you would have.

BUT - - Surely you've already learned that you are not as clueless as your children believe you to be!! When I initially saw your entry I had a sinking feeling of dread.... But lo & behold, I didn't read anything I hadn't already known! (I'm certain I could add a few other items to the list of activities you thought were hidden!)

AND I LOVED YOU ANYWAY!! All those times you thought I didn't like you or didn't trust you, I was just VERY AFRAID FOR YOU!!

Your children are getting older now too, so if someone goes to bed one night all sweetness, and wakes up the next morning like someone you've never known before - you'll panic and then you'll do the very best you can, because you love them so much.

You may not be able to be "perfect", but you definitely won't be as "dumb" as they think you are!

I love you!

Wed Jul 13, 05:56:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home