10 July 2005
A must read

I almost don't want to blog this cause I'm so sick of hearing about Tom Cruise--but this is hilarious! Go and check out Tom Cruise is Nuts. He's even crazier than I gave him credit for. A proper rat bastard.

This is my favorite quote--from the "Others on Tom" section:

"Note to Tom Cruise: You are maxing out. Wearing out the welcome. Becoming less the tolerable and moderately talented and mildly likable megastar and more like an itchy boil on the deranged ferret of popular culture, requiring lancing."- Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

I found that page through
Operation Clambake, the "fight against the Church of Scientology on the net". Interesting read, includes some pretty scary info about L. Ron Hubbard. I have to admit I knew virtually nothing about CoS, other than it's a scary cult, and they had awful commercials back in the 80s. Hmm... I don't think I'll be joining any time soon, freaks!






posted by Julie at 12:18 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like your new skin!!

Sun Jul 10, 02:02:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on this. The site is hilarious! (I posted about it on my blog, and of course blogrolled you :) )

Sun Jul 10, 04:36:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

i dont get that "church" at all..bunch of damn crazies if you ask me

Sun Jul 10, 06:22:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Even the other famous Scientologists are keeping mum on this one. I haven't seen John Travolta out there saying anything nice about Tom Cruise and that says a lot. When your cult members are avoiding you, you've raised a mighty stink.

Sun Jul 10, 07:59:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I have to wonder why the Scientologists aren't telling Tom to "cool it!" Do they really want to look that crazy?

I have to admit that I would be doing a happy dance if this caused the whole CoS to just "blow up" and be gone forever.

I'm glad to see that Brooke fought back, and I'm glad to see that she is doing better too. PPD is scary, I get lots of calls from PPD moms.

Sun Jul 10, 10:01:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger The Light Fantastic said...

hey thanks for voting for my blog on battle of the blogs. I've seen your blog in a battle and have voted for it. Your blog is really nice! (and Cruise is nuts, but you know medicine wouldn't help!)

Sun Jul 10, 11:48:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Cyn said...

Great new skin!!! Very fun! As for Tom. He needs a straight jacket and a padded cell. I was all excited to see War of the Worlds, but now I can't even think about the man without getting angry so there goes a great movie down the tubes.

Mon Jul 11, 02:45:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

I wish I could figure out the amazing appeal of this cult...where in its talk of "thetans" and such does it elicit such a massive loyalty, and willingness to leave other religions such as Christianity?

From what I've seen, they might as well be talking about worshipping vacuum cleaners as much sense as it makes...

Mon Jul 11, 04:57:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home