20 June 2005
News flash, Tommy boy, so are you

I don't like to complain about people, but this guy is really just driving me crazy. I honestly believe he's lost his mind, or he's got some really bad publicists who want to keep him in the spotlight for any reason possible.

Yup, it's Tom Cruise in the headlines again.

"He was talking to journalists in Leicester Square when he was squirted with water.
The star struggled to maintain his composure, repeatedly asking one of the Channel 4 team: "Why would you do that?"
"What's so funny about that? It's ridiculous. Do you like making less of people?
"Don't run away. That's incredibly rude.
"I'm here giving you an interview, answering your questions and you do something nasty. You're a jerk."
The actor held the interviewer back and repeatedly called him "a jerk"."


Ok, it wasn't the smartest thing the interviewer could have done and I don't condone it in any way (in fact, I think it was really dumb), but that doesn't excuse the reaction he received. Dude, lighten up, Tom. You're not God. It was only water, you didn't melt, and I'm sure Katie will still marry your sorry ass. You're no better than the rest of us, and I know I sure as hell wouldn't have reacted like that. Wipe it off, say "I didn't appreciate that", give the squirter a chance to apologize, then MOVE ON. Seriously. It's called being an adult.


The thing that really chaps my hide is that the guy (and 3 'accomplices' was arrested--yup, arrested. Assault. Do we really need to throw people in jail for using a squirt gun?

Rant over. Sorry.


posted by Julie at 9:31 PM 12 comments

12 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

i was thinking the same thing about the asault thing..give me a break..the guy didnt touch him..hit him,or anything.it was a damn squirt gun..

if you ask me..this whole katie and tom thing is making me sick..yes he is good looking..I know a lot of guys who are better looking then him,and they arent even famous...
as one of my friends back in jr high once said..(this was back when cocktail and top gun were all that)..and pardon my french here..."his dick hangs in the toilet just like everyother man when he takes a shit"...take that how you will..lol

Mon Jun 20, 11:45:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger lochan said...

You can view the video here.

Did anyone see Tom on Oprah? I missed it but saw some stills on Defamer.com and I'm starting to think the guy is cracking up. And Katie looks a little scared.

Mon Jun 20, 11:50:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Rodney Olsen said...

It looked as if he thought it was funny ... for about 3 seconds before he realised, "Hey, I'm Tom Cruise. They can't do that to me. I'm important."

It was a silly, childish prank, but if he played along he would have had the last laugh. Even if he had gone away thinking they were complete idiots, he would have had the upper hand. By reacting like a spoilt child, he provided some excellent comedy, which is all the guys were after.

Tue Jun 21, 12:15:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Vetmommy said...

Amen, I fear Tom is headed, no turning back, towards UTTER CREEPDOM. Funny how overwhelming fame does that to people with singular talent, like him and Michael Jackson. Yeah, they're talented, but don't seem to venture far from playing their one note repeatedly (figuratively speaking, of course).

Tue Jun 21, 02:45:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Nikkiana said...

I get the distinct feeling that Tom Cruise is having a midlife crisis...

Tue Jun 21, 05:02:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

The guy with the squirt gun should have said, "Takes one to know one," thereby completing the circle of childishness. Or maybe, "I'm rubber and you're glue..."

There's something really wrong with Tom Cruise lately, and I wish his disturbing personage would stop showing up on my TV.

Tue Jun 21, 05:34:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Nikkiana...there's a midlife crisis or something weird going on in his life.

Tue Jun 21, 01:13:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only hearing rumors of his alleged 80-miles-an-hour spurt towards the ravine of crazy - I don't watch Oprah and I don't read tabloids, but it sounds like Tommy has some demons to work through. Could be the fact that there's an army of more talented, better looking and YOUNGER actors ready to kick his scrawny ass into last Tuesday.

Tue Jun 21, 02:22:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger mommyguilt said...

Seriously - that was pretty ridiculous. I think next time I get nailed in a squirt gun fight (or, I suppose now they're super - soaker fights), I will take offense and have the trigger-man/woman/child and everyone else arrested. Grow up TOM! You're a celebrity. It's not like he did something harmful or threatening. He got you a little wet....Oh, wait, I know, he embarrassed Tom in front of his little Katie-Watie.

Honestly, I was waiting to see Ashton Kuchar behind the squirt gun telling Tom he was "Punk'd"!

Tue Jun 21, 04:48:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Mommyguilt, that would be funny!

Julie, why are you Zombified? If you're dead and resurrected by an evil Voodoo master, you probably shouldn't be driving. Can I have your car?

Tue Jun 21, 06:43:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger skypilotjourneyman said...

I think he got upset because Scientologists lose part of their alien spiritual hierarchy level...or something? Or maybe they just melt a little...

Wed Jun 22, 04:22:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger skypilotjourneyman said...

I absolutely am a pastor...pastors can be hilarious if they wanna be. :) stop by any time you like!

Wed Jun 22, 08:48:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home