15 June 2005
Talk about stubborn...

Pam Fedirchuck rode a mule from Alberta, Canada to Wyoming, just to go to the area's Mule Days. That's dedication for you! 850 miles on mule-back. Ouch. Pam and a friend (on horseback--wimp!) took 52 days to reach their destination, often stopping to do odd jobs for money. Apparently the mule is now 20 years old and ready for retirement.

My sister has a British friend who once travelled across the States by Greyhound bus (which every American knows you DON'T do!)---and swore next time he'd go by donkey. He said it would be cleaner, faster and cheaper, and wouldn't smell nearly as bad! I'd love to get these two together and hear the comparison!


mule lady



On a side note: Hat's off to yet another stupid US immigration law. At the border the women were stopped and not allowed to cross. They were forced to find some kind soul willing to put the animals on a trailer to cross the border. WTF??? Don't get it...


posted by Julie at 2:09 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

oops! How long did it take him to get his luggage back??

Wed Jun 15, 06:06:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

My mom travels to my house on greyhound bus,,,use to be from virgina to minnesotta but she has since moved back to michigan....she has had really no complaints other than sometimes the buses are late....but I do think i would travel by ass than by bus:-)

Wed Jun 15, 06:35:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Ugh, I felt so sorry for my friend! I know people in Europe travel by train all the time and I think he thought he was in for the same thing. Instead he just got to see the armpit of every single little town in America.

I mentioned to someone that I'd ridden that far on Greyhound and he just laughed and said, "What, did you lose a bet?"

Thu Jun 16, 04:02:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

@ christina--your mom is a better woman than I!! Or a really loving mother, one of the two...

@ jen-yup, not quite the same--although I've been on some pretty bad trains over here (naples springs to mind!)

@ karen--why on earth were you mule-back riding?

sally--woo-hoo! Drunk blogging! Have they picked a date yet?

Thu Jun 16, 06:57:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Blog-crawl, for the love of all that's grammatical, why would they try to make the blogosphere worse?

Thu Jun 16, 07:00:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home