23 June 2005
My bologna...

....has a first name, its O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a second name,
It's M-A-Y-E-R
I love to eat it everyday and if you ask me why I'll say
Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A


and of course the unforgettable:

Watch it wiggle, see it jiggle
Cool and fruity
Jello brand gelatin,

Of all desserts you'll love the one
That tastes so light and makes such fun
Make Jello brand gelatin and make some fun!

A sad 70s attempt at showing how far women had come (oh please!):

I can bring home the bacon
Fry it up in a pan
And never let you forget you're the man
Cause I'm a woman---Enjoli


This is what I've had stuck in my head AAALLLLL day. I haven't heard these jingles in probably (oh my god, I'm old!) 30 years--why do I still know the words??

You can't tell me that advertising doesn't work.
If you just have to have more, check
here.


posted by Julie at 6:42 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

i have had that same bologna one in my head fo days..lol..and i hate bologna:)

Thu Jun 23, 09:56:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

"It's 5 o'clock do you know where your children are?" -PSA Fox

Thanks for the trip down memory laneand I didn't even watch a lot of T.V.

Fri Jun 24, 06:27:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

That Enjoli commercial bugs me, like it's saying, I can do it all, I just need you for the sperm or something. Nice.

"I'm stuck on Band-Aids, 'cause Band-Aids' stuck on me."

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun, BIG MAC!"

Julie, do you remember this one from growing up in "Chicagoland?" It was the phone number for something... "Hudson 3-27 Hundred"

I'm sure there's more.

Fri Jun 24, 07:27:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Ha! I was just singing the hudson one to scott yesterday! He didn't understand why I thought it was so funny!

Fri Jun 24, 07:53:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Vetmommy said...

Those are classic...sadly, I know all the words to them, too.

Sat Jun 25, 03:15:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

They're still using the ... "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner!" only they just play the "Oh I wish..." part now. I'm good at getting those stuck in my head too.

"It walks down stairs, alone or in pairs, it makes a slinkity sound. (forgot this part)A spring, a spring, a marvelous thing,(looked it up) everyone know it's slinky. It's slinky, it's slinky, it's fun, it's a wonderful toy! It's slinky, it's slinky, it's fun for a girl or a boy!"

"What's the best tuna? Chicken of the Sea!"

Here's some more good ones! http://www.geocities.com/foodedge/jingles.htm

I had to giggle at the Ken-L Ration dog food jingle. Remember that one? "my dog's better than your dog..."

Sun Jun 26, 02:21:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Cyn said...

Been feeling a tad nostalgic myself lately. Even have a picture of the Strawberry Shortcake ice cream pops on my blog. Hehe! Oh for the ice cream boy to ride by!

Sun Jun 26, 10:55:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about...
Monchichi, Monchichi, oh so soft and cuddly, thumb in his mouth, he's really sweet, fun to tickle his little feet.....

Sat Apr 05, 07:18:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home