06 August 2005
Anyone want to lend me 70M pounds

so I can live here? Apparently my neighbors would be Elton John and the Queen. Probably a pretty nice area, then.

mansion

This mansion has just been named "the world's most expensive house".

It has 103 rooms, 58 acres, 5 swimming pools, private theater, bowling alley, stables, squash/tennis courts. It also has a "heated marble driveway". WTF?!?!
I have no clue why anyone would need a heated driveway---especially in an area where it hardly ever snows....

I'm sure I could find a use for it--anyone got 70 million pounds to spare?


posted by Julie at 9:38 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Nah you wouldn't really want it, it would spoil you honestly. It would suit me much better but then again I would rather have the 70M I've heard the neighbours are a bit non U

Sat Aug 06, 10:11:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

It's so hot and I feel so fat that I FEEL like I could lend you 70M pounds. Oh, you meant currency? Can't help you there...

Sun Aug 07, 07:36:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

Can I please put my two pennys worth in and say it's not the monetary value of your house that's important, but the value of the love within.........I'd be happy with a trailer, but don't tell the wife, she'd divorce me

Sun Aug 07, 07:55:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

Have to giggle that Jen beat me to the giving you my spare pounds comment. Of course, I don't think that either of us actually has 70M spare pounds (weight) to give you. But, I picture it like those commercials where the guy turns in the lovehandles to the lost & found @ the mall.
But what to do with a house that big? DH gets his dander up because our house is too big for us. I think it's great that we have a guest room & a sewing room, but he doesn't like it that I stash all the extra junk in those rooms. *sigh*

Mon Aug 08, 12:53:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Some Random Girl said...

I'll whip out my wallet but only if I get an invite to stay every summer!

Mon Aug 08, 07:11:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

ok i am in...i will go halves with ya...but i get elton... to myslef..and of course we have to deal with who is gonna clean it..lol

Tue Aug 09, 05:12:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got $5.

It's a start.

Tue Aug 09, 06:45:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Sparkling said...

How much for just the heated drive?

Tue Aug 09, 12:33:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home