04 August 2005
Wonderful guy

To my wonderful husband,

I want to tell you how much I appreciate all you've done through all my surgeries and everything this year. I know I don't always say it, but I don't know what I would have done without you over the last 9 months. You've had to take up my slack on just about everything--not to mention listen to me whine and complain since December. As you know, I'm not an easy person to live with under the best circumstances. In pain and on meds, I'm a downright bitch!

Thank you for taking care of me, for running all my errands, bringing me food, and for being there to listen to me moan and bitch and cry. Thank you for not letting me walk out of the OR holding area every time when the thought of the anesthesia and increased pain scared me. Thank you for standing up for my rights when the nurses give me a hard time, or won't do what I need.

Thank you for all the little things you do as well--helping me in the shower, helping me sort out the equipment I have to use, reminding me not to do things I'm not supposed to do. :) Thank you for being understanding and patient--I know this has all been hard on you too. And most of all, thank you for not complaining about the ways these surgeries have affected you, too.

I love you, sweetie!


posted by Julie at 6:40 PM 5 comments

5 Comments:

Blogger Vetmommy said...

Its great to hear you have such a good ally whilst going through all of this!

Fri Aug 05, 03:14:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My then bf/now DH took care of me during my jaw surgery.

It really is a great feeling when you know someone is looking out for you.

Fri Aug 05, 09:22:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger mommyguilt said...

He's a great guy. It's wonderful to have someone love you that much and to stand by you and for you. For all wives, send him my thanks too!

Fri Aug 05, 06:24:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

He *IS* a sweetie! Will you tell him he smells like farts for me? XOXO

Sat Aug 06, 04:32:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

I am only doing what any husband or man should do and care for the one's he loves!

Sun Aug 07, 08:01:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home