07 September 2005
What do I do now??

I went back to see my urologist yesterday. Because I'm still having problems he put me on another 3 weeks of convalescent leave. He says I just need more time to heal after all (7) of my surgeries in the last 9 months. Fine. I'll try to heal as quickly as I can, but something's got to start working for me or I'm going to lose my mind. I can't keep myself occupied.

It probably sounds like a blessing; the bulk of nine months off work, and still getting paid. I really am lucky to have a job that doesn't fire me cause of health problems--we'd be up a creek if I wasn't getting paid. But here's the problem--I can't enjoy that time.

I'm having lots of pain, so I'm stoned most of the day on meds. I'm taking 40 mg of oxycodone three times a day; it's super-strong percocet, one pill is the equivalent of 8 percocet tablets! After a while your body develops a tolerance to the meds, so they have to keep raising the dose for it to be effective. I can't do much of anything that involves brain power, cause I just don't have any right now. So, here are some examples of what I've done:

That probably gives you some idea of how bored I am!! Don't get me wrong, I'm really really enjoying being home with my kids. I love spending the time with them; I don't usually get to do that, and it's wonderful to have the opportunity now. But I really need to get back to work before I lose my mind.

If you have any ideas of what else I can do to keep occupied, please please comment and share them with me! My house can't stand any more cleaning, and I'm not a crafty person, and I have to do things in short spurts because of the pain, so please let me know if you have any thoughts!



posted by Julie at 2:08 PM 6 comments

6 Comments:

Blogger eyes_only4him said...

first off..holy crap thats a lot of pain meds..man o man..

second.sucks your in that much pian..nice you can spend time with the kids thoguh..

ok ideas..none..i have got nothing..lol

Wed Sep 07, 03:03:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

homeschool the kids? :D

Wed Sep 07, 04:32:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Renee, I thought we wanted all the high-ass whacked out people to STOP homeschooling ;) hee hee!

If I send you all my pictures, will you organize them? Maybe, it's time to GET crafty, everyone needs a granny square afgan on the back of the couch...

Have you considered writing a novel?

Love ya, sis!

Wed Sep 07, 06:38:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

ooooh yeah. Cancel my earlier post. ;o)

Thu Sep 08, 07:07:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

I have 2 words for you....your Husband...where is he when you are doing all of this stuff?

Love ya

Thu Sep 08, 08:32:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Renee and Jen! I'm on drugs, but I'm not high-ass whacked out! Besides, I just don't have the patience to homeschool--I don't know how you guys do it!??

Thu Sep 08, 11:01:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home