05 September 2005
Change of pace

This is something you don't hear very often, not coming from a third world country which is usually on the receiving side of aid, not the giving side:

' "It's disastrous, it's devastating, I feel so sorry for these people," said Abdulwahab Garba, a pump attendant at a filling station in the Nigerian capital Abuja, waving a copy of a newspaper with a front-page picture from the disaster zone.

"If I had money I would have contributed for food and shelter. I don't have money, but my assistance is to pray for them," he said. '


Interesting...


posted by Julie at 4:36 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I disagree!
Empathy comes from experience - from people who can really imagine what others are going through.
I think all these poor countries showing their good hearts is one wonderful development.

Tue Sep 06, 05:19:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oops I misread you. No you are right, its not often the tables are turned. I meant its not surprising they have reacted like this.

xx :-D

Tue Sep 06, 05:20:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

yup..agreed:)


hey, did u notice that Jaws has deleated her blog??

Wed Sep 07, 01:56:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home