31 May 2005
I am a geek....

...with an obsession!

We've recently discovered that near our house is a the distro site of an online bookstore. A history bookstore. Specializing in hard-to-find books. I am in trouble. Seriously, bookstores (and buying books) gives me the same rush as normal people would get from...whatever normal people get rushes from!
Anyway, we walked over to
Heritage Books, and I left with six books (I put about 5 more back cause tomorrow is payday!):

Tudor Cousins
The Private Life of an Elizabethan Lady
Letters of the Queens of England
Bastard Prince: Henry VIII's Lost Son
Chronicles of the Tudor Queens
-and-
The Great Irish Potato Famine

Can you see what my obsession is? These add to my already large collection of English history books, and Irish stuff. Damn, I'll need a new bookshelf soon. The sad thing is, I've already been to the online store and saved another 4 books to my cart!

But I haven't mentioned the the best part of all yet. The owner is an archaeologist by trade, and runs digs in the summertime. He invited DH and I to help on a dig in August of a Roman site a couple miles down the road! Woo-hoo!

Told you I was a geek!


posted by Julie at 7:09 PM 8 comments

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be a geek...but what a cool geek you are! I think a dig would be so fun!

Tue May 31, 08:09:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

what is a dig my lady?
I am not hip on all this english hisroty stuff..I can barely tell you about Amerncain histroy..lol...you sound like my hubby though..buying books..is like a crack dealer taking a hot for him...

Tue May 31, 08:11:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Cyn said...

hmmmm I do this. Does it mean I'm a geek too? Except my obsession is Russian history. Ok so I admit it. I'm a geek.

Thu Jun 02, 03:16:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Yup, Cyn, you're a geek too! :)Christina--I don't know squat about US history either; for some reason I was never interested... A dig is an archaeological excavation.

Thu Jun 02, 07:52:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

I also bought some books!

History, predating those of which my DW bought, although she does read 100 x faster than me!

I need complete quiet and with her turning pages and clicking the mouse, it's never quite quiet enough :)

Thu Jun 02, 01:18:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

Can I have a new Title which looks as good as yours, you computer geek!
Love you!

Thu Jun 02, 01:19:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

That's awesome!

You're getting so savy at cosumizing your site that I'm getting jealous. I love fiddling around with that stuff, but I just haven't been able to spend the time figuing it out.

Thu Jun 02, 05:24:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Lora, I've been home sick for so long I'm going completely mad! I have nothing else to do...esp when the kiddies are at school!

Thu Jun 02, 08:51:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home