23 May 2005
WTF?!?!

Ok, so I was blog-surfing and found this site

Rent a German

No, seriously. This cracks me up. You can rent a German for a weekend, a holiday, business help, etc. In fact, there are lots of Germans you can rent...

You can get the fat lazy dude to sit on your couch and scare your small children...


Posted by Hello

Or help the fugitive find a hiding place from the long arm of German law...


Posted by Hello


Or maybe Helen Keller is more your style...


Posted by Hello


Rest assured, every German comes fully supported by Rent a German...


"Free support package for emergency cases.

It could happen, that your German gets homesick, aggressiv, tired, sad or does not work correct.

In this case, we recommend to open the support package (your German has it in his bag) and give it to him fast...."


I think I'll have to give this one a miss....


posted by Julie at 1:49 PM 7 comments

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I think the "Surprise" German package scared me the most...

Mon May 23, 04:53:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

How wacky!

Mon May 23, 05:36:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger hexacontium said...

I heard about that some time ago. I guess it was started by a German arts student ro something like that. I think it's really funny, playing a bit with the usual German clichees :)

Mon May 23, 05:41:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Wizo, I'd take German over French anyday!
Jen, no kidding! I liked the support package--tell me what I'm doing with an aggressive german again??
Hexa, that's a good idea--we're they trying to get school money or something?

Mon May 23, 09:37:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

DON'T MENTION THE WAR, you know, either the 1914-18 or 1939-45 one!
No comments needed as I have lots of ammunition to throw back!!
As a Brit by birth and English by the grace of god, we don't do any foreigners, well apart from our wives and their families, oh yes and their friends and family friends, oh and the old neighbours of their family and friends families.....quit it now

Thu May 26, 12:40:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

are you ok?

Thu May 26, 12:51:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Unknown said...

I sort of feel as though I've been renting a German - one of my cubemates, a contractor on a short-term assignment. He seems well educated and socially conscious but he does like to play mind games (albeit with a bit of a wink).

Sat May 28, 02:49:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home