20 May 2005
I want to see...

Episode III! Yes, Star Wars fever has taken over here, too. Come on, I've been waiting since I was 7 to find out how Darth Vader became the big baddie that he is!

Here's my question for those of you who've already seen it---should I take my 3 yr old son or get a sitter? He loves the other 5 (we've been slowly force-feeding him this culture phenomenon), and should sit still for the whole 2 and a bloody half hours of it.
But is it too dark? Too bad? Too over his head?
If you've been, please let me know....


EDITED TO ADD (21 May)--Thanks to everyone for your inputs and ideas. I caved in and we went to see it last night. We did take Liam, and he really enjoyed it. BUT he spent the final 1/2 hour asleep in Daddy's lap. If I'd seen it first, I probably would have thought it too dark for the little ones (it is, by far, the darkest of the 6), but all's well that ends well. I am glad he slept through the nasty fire scene!


posted by Julie at 11:19 AM 5 comments

5 Comments:

Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Get a sitter - without question.

I've heard many things so far about this film's violence and intensity. I'm taking my 9-yr-old, but that's about the limit.

A 3-yr-old would get nothing out of it but bright flashing lights and nightmares for weeks..

Fri May 20, 06:28:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Um, I think we're going to take Tiernan. But we're bad people.

Fri May 20, 06:39:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, we will probably take Gavin and he's four. It's just a matter of logistics. Pay a babysitter or get popcorn? Ugh! Popcorn won out again! LOL

Fri May 20, 09:22:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

I heard from a twenty-something year old guy that it definitely is not something to bring a young child too. It's two and a half hours long. He also mentioned sex scenes and that the plot was just to much for kids.

Sat May 21, 07:03:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Sex scenes? They must've slipped into another movie by mistake ;)

Mon May 23, 06:35:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home