07 May 2005
Saturday's Shampoo

Lather: What word bothers you the most when other people mispronounce or misspell it?

That's a hard one! Living in England, there are lots of things people say that, to me, are mispronounced, but actually are correct for here.


For example--when the news anchors call Baltimore's state "Mary Land" instead of saying it the correct way (you know, like WE do; it is our state, after all!). I mean, I've learned to say Norritch for Norwich, Edinburra for Edinburgh and Woostashur for Worcestershire, etc. Give it a try, guys, it's not so hard. :)


Rinse: What are some euphemisms you use or have used for "flatulence?"Thanks to Amy aka "Ballardini" at
CAPISCE (ka' peesh) for the idea!

When Amelia was little, I tried to get her to use "fluff", I thought it sounded delicate enough for a little girl. That didn't last. She really liked the sound of the word "fart" (and the deed itself). Now, someone will occasionally come up with "stepped on a frog" or "Wolfie, quit growling!" But for the most part, when someone does let go, it's answered with a roomful of giggles and an "Ameliaaaaa!!! EEeeeewwww!!"

Repeat: Where have you wasted the most time on the internet this week? Give up the URL!


I've mostly been blogsurfing this week. I've found a couple that made me giggle:
Inn of the Last Home
Big Stupid Tommy

This one has some great pics to borrow:


Stock XCHNG

This one was just attention-seeking:

Queen of Sky
(NOTE TO SELF: Do NOT type in "www.queenofsky.com" It is NOT the same site)



Check it out at
Saturday's Shampoo


posted by Julie at 9:38 AM 4 comments

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my gosh...I just remembered one!! Barking Spider!

Sat May 07, 10:51:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Stepped on a frog, I love it!

I'm going to go peek at those blogs. I will NOT type them in, though, thanks for the warning...

Sun May 08, 12:46:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Julie - thanks for the visits and the linky love!

Mon May 09, 01:53:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

you're welcome, barry--your stories crack me up!

Mon May 09, 10:17:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home