06 May 2005

Appetizer
Name a store or restaurant you no longer visit because of a bad experience you had there.
Hands down, it has to be
this place. Oh well, the food wasn't that good, anyway!

Also, there was an interesting episode when I was younger, when my sister, Mom and I went to a pizza place. Something about a russian dancer, people choking, and leaving the doggie bag as a tip. Won't be going back there, either!


Soup
If you could own any building in existence, which one would you want?

The
Tower of London. I love that place! And if I owned it, I could poke around and look in all the secret places they don't let tourists go. How cool would it be to sleep over in the "bloody tower", or to live in one of the still-used houses there? Ooohh, I get excited just thinking about it!

Salad
What's your favorite commercial these days?
It has to be the new 118 247 information number ads. For those not in the UK, check out this
link, and scroll down to 2004. You can watch Tent and Elves--although my favorite is the one where he's trying to find a dog trainer.

Main Course
When was the last time you felt guilty about spending money, and what was it you purchased?

I am physically incapable of walking into a castle/palace/other attraction
gift shop and leaving without buying something. You can buy some amazingly overpriced tacky things in those shops, and I usually do.

I actually bought these, and what's worse--I put them on my tree each year. (for the record, I also have a knight, Elizabeth I, a Tudor rose, Jane grey, Mary Queen of Scots, and a beefeater---anyone see the problem?) Somehow I'm completely unable to help myself--I wonder if there's a support group?

Dessert
Friday's Feast is going to be having its First Birthday in 2 weeks. What should we do to celebrate?
Have a huge party and send us all some food! Or money, I would settle for money! :)




posted by Julie at 8:06 AM 4 comments

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

The ornaments are great!
When I'm touring around it's postcards, started when I was a kid, probably because that's all my parents would let me but. Now it's a disease. I have post cards from everywhere. I never send them out though.

Fri May 06, 02:41:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Me too. I gave up after a while trying to remember what I took pics of and started buying postcareds instead. So sad! :)

Fri May 06, 03:27:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Heather said...

OK - totally understand why you won't go back there again!

Great Feast - although I *really* wish I lived in the UK sometimes :)

Fri May 06, 03:39:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Barry Wallace said...

Wow... I've never even been to a castle. My Scotch-Irish heritage calls to me, though. One day...

Fri May 06, 03:47:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home