03 May 2005
Truly impressive...

I've been cleaning out my cedar chest, trying to make some sort of sense out of the pictures, children's drawings, ticket stubs, postcards, etc, that I've managed to accumulate over the last 30-odd years. While sitting knee-deep in wal-mart photo envelopes, I came across something very odd.

An envelope. Addressed to my sister. Three addresses ago. That I never sent. Curious, I opened it.

It was.....


A birthday card!

with pictures of my daughter in it....

dated 1996!


Woo-hoo! I've now put this card in the mail, thereby setting the family record for lateness! My parents would be so proud.

(love you Jen!)


posted by Julie at 6:28 PM 7 comments

7 Comments:

Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

I can vouch for this one. I was there when she found it and I mailed it off for you.

Tue May 03, 06:38:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I recently found a letter to grandma telling her all about my beautiful newborn daughter (my only daughter just turned 8).

Tue May 03, 09:49:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

Really proud of you Honey, the way you keep doing things to amaze me. Good job on the background.

Tue May 03, 11:08:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Is there a check in it?

Tue May 03, 11:46:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

No.

Wed May 04, 04:08:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Sheri,
I'm glad I'm not alone in this...
:)

Wed May 04, 04:08:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. The worst I can remember is a birthday card that I never even signed, much less addressed the envelope. Thankfully I could use it the following year. :-)

Thu May 05, 08:57:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home