29 April 2005
Friday Feast

Appetizer
Which keys do you have on your key chain?
Home, work (I'm special like that!), car.

Soup
What is the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?
A couple years ago I took a spur-of-the-moment five-day trip to Paris on my own. I had an absolute blast and also discovered the best thing about travelling alone---sight-seeing at your own speed. Brilliant! I also discovered that the cafes serve really really good wine--and July in Paris is quite hot...so me and another lone traveller decided to go cool off in the fountain in front of the Eiffel Tower...

Posted by Hello


Salad
Who is the best cook in your family?
Me, by far. Although my husband is a smart guy, he has an uncanny ability to misread recipes, and to try "new" things without really thinking them through. And of course he's English too, and we all know what they say about English food. ;) (love you honey!)

Main Course
If you were to write a "how-to" book, what would the title be?
How to Pick a Really Bad Surgeon--I seem to be really good at it, maybe I should share the knowledge so other people DON'T!

Dessert
Name a recent fad you've tried.
Blogging---love it!


posted by Julie at 12:07 PM 9 comments

9 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Apr 29, 03:07:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

Excellent participation on your First Fest! I also love traveling alone.

Fri Apr 29, 03:12:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for reading! You're my very first commenter that I don't personally know--you've made my day! :)

Fri Apr 29, 06:38:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow, Paris! You're so cool!

Fri Apr 29, 08:30:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Not cool so much as it's really cheap to get there from here. I can spend a week in Paris, eurotunnel and hotel included for cheaper than I can fly (just fly, nothing else) back home to the states. But thanks for saying I'm cool! :)

Fri Apr 29, 08:52:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger lochan said...

Julie,
Paris alone is definitely cool. I've never traveled alone. Or, been to Paris. [sigh]

I want to add your blog to my sidebar, but wasn't sure of the category.. do you homeschool? If not, I'll probably just put you under Funny Blogs.

Your blog was a fun find (I found it via Jen).

-Laura (aka lchan)

Fri Apr 29, 09:17:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Laura,
Yea! I mean, umm, thanks! That'd be great. No, I don't homeschool--I have nowhere near the patience for it, and am also in the military (they don't take kindly to us not showing up!) We lived with Jen for a few months in 2002 (long story!) and ever since my daughter begs me to homeschool her! Ahhh, someday!
(did I say thanks?!?)

Julie

Fri Apr 29, 10:03:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Michael said...

Welcome to the Feasting crowd!

And by the way, blogging is not a fad - it's a lifestyle.

Mon May 02, 05:45:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julie, Don't blame yourself for the bad surgeons. They are hired by our very own government. I am sure they have credentials somewhere.... Probably in a country where women are supposed to stay home and not work outside the home.

Thu May 05, 09:20:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home