28 April 2005
Who'd have thought?

I've been a mom for 10 1/2 years now, but my kids have an uncanny ability to constantly surprise me.

When I signed on for this job, I expected to have to teach my kids things like how to walk, talk, use the potty (still working on that one!), learn the alphabet, get dressed---you know, the staples. But today my three year old threw a new one at me.

He sat on the couch, with one hand on his chin and the other on his shoulder, pushing. He tried that for a while, seemed frustrated, then leaned over and did the same to me.

"What are you doing, Liam?"

"I want to turn your head"

"Uh, honey--that's as far as it goes. Stop pushing now, it hurts Mommy"

"No, Mommy. Move it all the way around"

Scott and I spent the next 10 minutes (including numerous demonstrations!) explaining that people's heads don't actually spin all the way around. He really seemed pretty disappointed at the end of it. I just didn't realize that isn't inborn knowledge--who knew you'd have to teach someone that? I'm convinced someone's been sneaking into our house and playing the Exorcist over and over for him while the rest of us are asleep!




posted by Julie at 11:01 PM 0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home