19 April 2005
A whole new world

Wow! I've made it to my second entry, Jen will surely be impressed now!

I ordered some white bands from Make Poverty History a few weeks ago, and just received them. I think this is a really great idea, and it's pretty easy to help out. I'm not sure if it's a big thing in the States or not, but over here in merry olde England we see the commercials all the time. Basically, it's a coalition of charities, NGOs and celebrities (yes, Bono is there!) trying to eradicate third world debt and "make poverty history". Unlike most things of this nature, they aren't actually asking for money. I found the white wristband was a good way to bring up the subject of poverty with my 10 y/o, and she had some interesting insights, although I was surprised to find that she had no idea what a "third world" or "developing" country was!?! What are they teaching them in school?





posted by Julie at 5:23 PM 3 comments

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

So cool! You know you can get a banner for your blog, too? If you need help putting it up, let me know...

I love you!

Wed Apr 20, 12:57:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm an idiot, you already have the banner and I just didn't see it.

I still love you!

Wed Apr 20, 12:58:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Jen,
No, I don't know how to do that, can you tell me? I tried to call you yesterday several times but no one answered (so sad!)
Love you too!

Wed Apr 20, 12:50:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home