12 May 2005
Stay tuned for part II...

I will not be posting until probably Monday or Tuesday.
No, I have not dropped off of the face of the earth.
Yes, I have fallen victim to the NHS. (National Health System, for those not here)
We leave tomorrow morning (or in a couple of hours for those who are looking at the clock), for London.

Yea! A long weekend in London!! Woo-hoo!

Not so much.

First of all, rather than London proper, we'll be near Wimbledon common, which is about like staying in Cheyenne to visit in Denver (obviously not for distance, but for difference).

I'll be down there having surgery (for the 5th time since December!). I won't be sightseeing, which I'd much rather be doing. But I will, when I return, give all the big, bad details of a london hospital stay.

Actually, this time I'll be having surgery in a private hospital, as opposed to my last surgery, done on the NHS. That was very, very scary. (Just as a little preview, immmediately prior to my surgery the anesthesiologist went to start my IV {to give me the good drugs}; instead of reaching for a penrose drain as a tourniquet, or if all else fails, getting a BP cuff, she asked the rather large black assistant to, "give her arm a little squeeze". What?!?!)

I did NOT make that up.

So, when the surgeon asked this time if I'd rather stay at the NHS hospital or the private hospital I did not hesitate.

Hmmm...so, we'll see if it's any different (read=better).

We'll see on Monday how it went. Until then, best wishes to all, and dammit--sign my map!


posted by Julie at 1:06 AM 6 comments

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I'll keep you in my prayers! Love you!

Thu May 12, 02:50:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger lochan said...

I hope all goes well.

P.S. I signed your map.

Thu May 12, 05:07:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

I'll be thinking of you. I hope that the switch to the private hospital improves things.

I swear, I've already signed your map.

Thu May 12, 05:46:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of and praying for you.

Thu May 12, 09:49:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Heather said...

OH Julie - good luck! We will keep you in our prayers.

Give her arm a little squeeze....scary!

Thu May 12, 11:31:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers...

Tue May 17, 03:19:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home