20 May 2005
Happy Birthday, Friday's Feast!

Happy 1st B-day to Friday's Feast

Appetizer
Approximately how many hours per day do you spend watching television?
Hmmm...well normally, not a lot. But since I've been out of commission on and off since December, I've been watching A LOT. Won't say how many hours, I'm a bit embarrassed...

Soup
Which colors decorate your kitchen?

Our kitchen is in the oldest part of the house, so it's fairly low-ceilinged and a little on the dark side. I don't mind at all, though. We have faded-brick colored slate floors, the ceiling has the original timber beams and white, and the walls look a bit Tudor with the beams and white in-between. All the wood is a deep, deep brown with age, and carries the original markings from the workmen. I repainted a lot of the white when we first moved in, just to make it a bit lighter. Two doors coming off the kitchen are original, and they're probably 500 years old, so it's really cool. The one bright spot is our forest-green
Aga.

Salad
Name 2 brand names you buy on a regular basis, and what do you like about them?
My hair is total crap, so I have to buy good products. Right now I'm addicted to KMS and Nucleic-A products, which I buy from the awesome
Spiral Haircase website, as they cost about 4 times as much over here.

Main Course
What is your biggest fear?
That the condition I have now will prove un-fixable. And all because of a bad surgeon...

Dessert
If you could wake up tomorrow and find yourself in another location, where would you want to be?
Hands down,
Mauritius, for a second honeymoon. DH and I got married on the beach there a few years ago, and it was wonderful. That was the best, by far, holiday I've ever been on, and I would love to go back. Besides, I think we've earned a couple of weeks lying on the beach with a cabana boy waiting on us! :) Ahhh, if only we had the money...

Bonus Birthday Question
What's your favorite flavor of birthday cake

Angel food. Plain, no frosting, maybe with some strawberries. Never had much of a sweet tooth.


posted by Julie at 2:33 PM 4 comments

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Glad to see you're back!

Fri May 20, 06:39:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Aga is your stove right? I LOVE those ranges. They are so cool

Fri May 20, 09:21:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

500 year old original doors, that's something you don't hear very often in the States.

Sat May 21, 07:07:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Sheri,
you should get an aga for your house..you can get them there now, and in electric or gas instead of oil like ours. :)

lora,
I'll have to post a pic of our house soon, it is pretty cool (I hope that doesn't sound bad, i don't mean it to!). I just think it's great to have such an opportunity. So many Americans come over here and hate it cause it's different and less convenient from home, and I can't understand that at all. I love that I have the chance to do this.

Sat May 21, 02:04:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home