29 May 2005
Our house

I wanted to play with flickr tonight, so I uploaded pics of the house and garden. Most of my family hasn't seen the house (since we live so far away), so I thought I'd be nice and share. :) The oldest part of the house is on the right--looking from the front--and is about 500 years old. We still have many of the original beams and features; I plan on showing those another time.

If you're not family, and you don't want to look at my house, then I promise I'll post something besides pics tomorrow. :)


house
Front of house, from garden


another view of house

Another view

Click on the *** if you want to see more pics of house and garden

image3
Part of front garden, and some of the old farm 'outbuildings'



summer house
the summerhouse--wired and complete with fireplace--at least

one of the kids wants this for a bedroom. :)


fav spot
Part of hidden garden--kiddies love to hide in here,
and some of the other hidden spots. :)


image6

my favorite tree--if you know what this is, please let me know?!


posted by Julie at 1:29 AM 10 comments

10 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Jaws,
We're in a rural area of Norfolk, England. The house used to be part of a farm, so we still have lots of the outbuildings and a barn. (the one on the left is the summerhouse).

We were sooo lucky to find this place for rent. The only reason we could afford it was that most of the interior was decorated in the 70s~ so we have some really crappy carpets, etc. If it'd been updated lately it would be waaayy out of our league!

Sun May 29, 01:02:00 PM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!! Would there be anything else m'lady? Actually come to think of it that would be a house servant...and I would probably be more like that old toothless beggar on your front stoop "tuppence? tuppence?"

That's really beautiful.

Sun May 29, 02:06:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger lochan said...

Beautiful!

Sun May 29, 03:52:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Jen said...

So pretty!

I don't know what that tree is, so just take these words of wisdom to heart. If you don't know what it is, don't use the leaves as toilet paper...

I love the pictures, I'm so glad you live somewhere that gorgeous! Don't you have some aerial photos somewhere? I'd love to see them again if you do, or for the first time if that was just a hallucination.

Sun May 29, 04:18:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks, everyone. I do love this place and will hate to leave it when we move.
Jaws, the summerhouse is located right in front of where the lawn tennis court used to be. So we're thinking that it was a place to sit and view, get warm/dry?
The house has 3 fireplaces, plus another 5 that have been boarded over (such a shame!). There's also one in the summerhouse.
Sheri, I'm posting a couple more pics you might get a kick out of.

Sun May 29, 09:31:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger carpediemtomorrow said...

Well, you really do have a lovely house, I bet those lawns and flower beds take a lot of looking after!!!
I bet you have a ride on mower!

Blisters on my hands, sore legs, arms and unaccountable bruises and scars later, it's looking good.
smooch!

Sun May 29, 10:07:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

I'm not family, but I'm your new hero and I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!!

Sun May 29, 11:14:00 PM GMT+1  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

nice digs Jules..very nice...you rellated to the queen..lol

Mon May 30, 01:07:00 AM GMT+1  
Blogger Lora said...

Wow! That is quite the manor and such a great place for the kids to live and explore in.

Mon May 30, 07:56:00 AM GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a big garden! It is lovely! :)

Miss Qt
miss-qt.com

Tue May 31, 02:11:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home